We are looking for young people and families to be part of the Familysmart® Practice Training in 2019-20
The FamilySmart® Practice Training is:
ONE DAY Training that brings together young adults, families & service providers to learn with and from each other.
Since 2017, over 530 young adults, families & service providers have received training.
A 3-year grant from the Vancouver Foundation has allowed us to partner with UBC & McCreary to evaluate the effectiveness of the training.
Using the FamilySmart® Practice Framework, the training offers and draws out examples of what it looks like and sounds like when things go well between young people, families and service providers. Together, we identify some of the skills and practices that support the relationship between young people and adults, and families and service providers. We know that relationships matter and can enhance the mental health of children and youth. FamilySmart® Practice Training is an opportunity to share your perspective and to hear the perspective of others, so we can learn with and from each other.
What is in it for you?
- It’s more than just training and skills. It’s about you, and it’s about others. It’s about both personal and professional practices. It’s about you drawing on your personal experience to share your perspective. THIS MEANS: Your perspective on what went well or could have helped is valued. The focus does not include telling your personal journey or focusing on things that didn’t go well. FamilySmart® sees everyone as assets and makes it safe to learn and practice together.
- You’ll come away from this training with enhanced skills on how to work well with others.
- You have an opportunity to influence how others connect and work with children and youth when they are struggling with their mental health
- You will make connections that may help you impact mental health in more powerful ways.
- A $ 60 Honorarium and Certificate of Participation will be provided on completion of the training.
In 2019-20, the FamilySmart® Practice Training will be offered in the following communities:
New Westminster – August 29th
Langley – September 20th
Smithers – November 6, 2019
North Shore – November 18, 2019
Prince George – TBA
Edmonton – January 2020
We are looking for Young Adults and Families/Caring Adults to be part of the training. If you are interested in hearing more about the FamilySmart® Practice Training, please let us know by filling out this form OR email email@example.com